Thread: Ahoy - Greetings from a non-Sailor

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Nick

Default Ahoy - Greetings from a non-Sailor

Hello Sailors!

I found this Forum based on my discovery of Wings of Glory (WWII) last month and getting involved in the Forum over at https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forum.php. I figured there was a Sails of Glory Forum to join, even though I own nothing for the game yet, so here I am!

Based in the Mid-west of the United States (Ohio), I enjoy history, World War 2, collecting, PC Gaming, Board Games, guns, modeling and now Table Top gaming! My wife says I have a lot of hobbies...

I look forward to interacting and seeing the great enthusiasm you all have for Sails of Glory and hopefully getting involved in the game soon!

Nick

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Nick.
    I can now formally welcome you to the Anchorage on behalf of all your new shipmates whom i am sure will be along to welcome you as soon as they get off watch. meantime relax in the Wardroom with a drop or two of whatever is your fancy.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Hello Nick. Always good to see new members. You can pick up ships from the store on this site.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Nick, from here in the United Kingdom. There are quite a number of us, who are members on both The Aerodrome and The Anchorage.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Hello Nick. Always good to see new members. You can pick up ships from the store on this site.
    I thought that Baxter, but didn't see any when I went to https://www.aerodromeaccessories.com...sails-of-glory.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Do you guys have advice for starting in Sails of Glory? Start with a Starter set, additional ships?

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

I favor Miniature Market to increase my fleet. They have a wide range of ships, including the Starter Set, and good prices.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/tabl...l#/?_=1&page=3

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by pm479 View Post
    I thought that Baxter, but didn't see any when I went to https://www.aerodromeaccessories.com...sails-of-glory.
    You are correct Nick.There are no ships showing up at present. Drop Keith a PM and see if it is just a glitch or if he really has sold out. There were ships there last time I looked.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

A belated welcome to you from me in Bristol UK

Able Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Roméo

Ahoy, bienvenue ! Welcome to you from the cloudy French coast !
    "Les passions sont les vents qui enflent les voiles du navire ; elles le submergent quelquefois, mais sans elles il ne pourrait voguer."
    "Passions are the winds that fill the sails of a ship ; they sometimes overwhelm her, but she could not sail without them."- Voltaire