Thread: What's on your workbench for April.

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I quite agree John.

Whatever floats your boat. Talking to Andrea about his game he is of the same opinion. He has no objections to us messing about with his very carefully thought out rule as long as we enjoy the game.
    I actually put my sinking ships on clear because I feel it gives a better impression of a sinking ship.
    My harbour is made modular so that I can change it for different situations. It can range from the bustling seaport in the picture to small cove with a hamlet. Even the Fort Morro plugs into that headland so it can be exchanged for a different fort, or just have cliffs in a headland with no fort. Because the harbour wall sits on the blue mat, it can also be changed in shape and function, so as to maximise its usage. Also to prevent that sense of Deja vu which you can get in games which use the same terrain over and over again.

I'm sure that you will come up with some very novel and interesting ideas of your own very soon, which we will all brazenly poach for our own games.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I actually put my sinking ships on clear because I feel it gives a better impression of a sinking ship.
    This is something I've been thinking about. Cutting the peg off the bottom of the ships, attaching a couple of the small strong magnets and discarding the thick blue bases and using the clear plastic base with the ships wind arcs scribed into the clear plastic with a couple of the same magnets let into it to hold the ships firmly to the base. I think this would give a visually more appealing game but might cause mast breakages due to not having the thick base to get hold of.