Threaded View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Default Fleet Rules - input welcome!

Hey guys,

As mentioned in another post, I was hoping to see a set of SoG fleet rules that would allow for larger games. So, you should be able to do a 5 on 5 with two players pretty easily. Since it doesn't look like a set has been made and now that we are Corona-bound, I would like to start the process of creating a fleet ruleset. If you have any ideas, let me know. That said, here is what I have so far:

1. Ships are organized into squadrons. Each squadron uses a single maneuver deck of the slowest ship in the squadron. Boards are organized by squadron and are placed in an inverted order above the console. The lead ship in the formation is in the console itself. I attached an image of a squadron board. Now, each ship still has its action tokens. Luckily, there is enough space to fit them with the ship boards stacked.

2. The squadron has the option of either:

a. following the lead ship in line including turns at a single point on a later turn to maintain formation.
    b. performing a simultaneous turn and coordinated maneuvers with a single maneuver deck.
    c. or split the formation and create a new squadron with a separate maneuver deck.

The tricky part comes in when it comes to broken masts, collisions and getting the formation caught in irons. I would only think that if ships get caught in irons that after that maneuver the squadron is split between those in irons and those still under sail.

What are your thoughts?

-Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images