Thread: Hey from Minnesota

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Adam

Default Hey from Minnesota

I finally pulled the trigger on this game last week, and at least a little benefit of this quarantine means I can pester my wife to play this game many times over the next few weeks! I've been looking for a sailing type game for quite a while and after playing a few times I think this will scratch that itch nicely. I just wish there was a larger following, as I'm not sure anyone is playing this game locally.

I have the starter box with one game mat currently, and I've ordered 2 first rate ships, coastal terrain, and coastal batteries to give me some variety.

To those of you checking this side of the forum - other than the overall ship guides, are there recommendations on what ships to get that will give me a variety of scenario options?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Firstly welcome to the Anchorage Adam.
    As I mentioned in my PM to you yesterday there are many players here with an almost infinate knowledge of all things naval, so ask away and I'm sure you will get a shipload of help.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Adam

Thanks! I assumed that was an auto reply!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We only have the auto request for your Proof of E-mail address Adam. The rest is done by administrators manually and although we started out with three, I am now running this on my own at the moment. So if anything is a bit delayed it's because I am working on UK time. If you have a burning issue you can PM Keith The Royal Hajj who owns the site.
    See you in the Wardroom.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Adam, from here across the Atlantic in the United Kingdom. There is much on his website to add to your enjoyment of the game and please feel free to ask questions. You will find that the members here are very friendly and helpful.

As for what to buy next, it is more a question of what is available a a reasonable price where you are. On the Ares Games website there is a list of point values for the various ships, which you can download. That might give you some ideas of what might be a reasonably equal encounter. Also there are some more scenarios available for downloading beyond those in the rulebook. The web address is http://www.aresgames.eu/category/dow...of-glory-games

The After Action Reports section here on the Anchorage site also contains many ideas for encounters that the members here have tried.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Welcome to the Anchorage!