Thread: Ship Mats

Hybrid View

Landsman
    New Zealand

Log Entries
    Name
    Rhys

Great tips, thanks both! I’ll wait to see how my Deep-Cut case goes but agree a cardboard tube is probably just as, if not more, effective and more economical! If the case proves lacking, I’ve already had a quick look at local tube options today. I’m going to experiment with ironing the mat this weekend as I would at least like to prove to myself that I can flatten it out as needed. If I can get everything to my satisfaction I’ll go ahead and order a Caribbean mat too.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For ironing use a low temp on th iron, pot a slightly damp cloth one the back of the mat and iron from that side giving a slight stretch at right angles to the way the fold is running. Try a bit near the edge to make sure it is OK before attempting the whole mat.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.