Thread: Played my first SoG game

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    My family used to spend a few weeks each summer on the Rideau Canal, down toward Kingston. It's a beautiful area. I'm so glad they preserved the system.

Relating to SoG, I understand that the only 1st rate ever used in fresh water is still a popular dive spot on Lake Ontario!
    You are right....the HMS St Lawrence which is a designated National Historic site along with the wrecks of the HMS Princess Charlotte and HMS Prince Regent.

There’s also the wreck of the HMS Ontario, the oldest wreck found on the Great Lakes. She was only a brig but the largest warship on the lakes at the time - 1780.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    You are right....the HMS St Lawrence which is a designated National Historic site along with the wrecks of the HMS Princess Charlotte and HMS Prince Regent.

There’s also the wreck of the HMS Ontario, the oldest wreck found on the Great Lakes. She was only a brig but the largest warship on the lakes at the time - 1780.
    FYI - HMS Ontario is sailing again in pixel form in the pc game Naval Action. She is depicted as a snow rig and generically called the Snow by players.