Welcome Jim, it sounds as if you have gone down a very similar route to my own, I've ended up expanding my fleet to double the size I originally intended and just recently bought the 50gun ships because as I said to Mrs Vagabond "they are a bargain at that price, it would be foolish not to have them in my Navies" It went rather quiet when she asked how many ships I had altogether and how many of them had seen action.

I'll be honest and say when I drew up my list of ship types I then went through all the ships made and decided which ones I wanted based on the ones I thought prettiest. For a good supply of ships check out Miniature Market they have most of the ships in stock at reasonable prices. I've bought planes from them in the past and was impressed with the service.

Once you have got your feet under the table please post any games reports on the forum, I for one enjoy reading them. I've found it a difficult process but I might be just getting the hang of posting pictures after all. If you look in the Campaigns section there are some really good scenarios to use and some excellent write ups of the games.

Cheers