Name
    Jonas

Welcome to the Anchorage!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Glad to be aboard.

Dobbs,
    Never too far! Hope to see you around.

Baxter,
    Thanks for the rundown, incredibly helpful. I was actually going to inquire more about them. Please let me know if there is already a thread on this or a better part of the forum to post in on this
    What preferences do you all have on material for a game mat? I really only have gaming space at home for 4x3 or 4x4, but understand paying at local stores or clubs there will likely be more space. Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you!

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by JimBlkHwk View Post
    Thanks all for the warm welcome. Glad to be aboard.

Dobbs,
    Never too far! Hope to see you around.

Baxter,
    Thanks for the rundown, incredibly helpful. I was actually going to inquire more about them. Please let me know if there is already a thread on this or a better part of the forum to post in on this
    What preferences do you all have on material for a game mat? I really only have gaming space at home for 4x3 or 4x4, but understand paying at local stores or clubs there will likely be more space. Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Hi Jim,

You should check out Dobb's suggestions but I like cloth for two reasons. One is that the cost of postage from Lithuania is minimised with a smaller parcel, and the other is that it is so easy to fold up and take to other venues if you want to game away from home. They do various sizes of mat and the smaller the cheaper. I like 6x4 because it covers all situations. I leave them on my dining table all the time and put the one we want to use on top when required. With cloth ones too they are very durable and can be machine washed and ironed.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I use the vinyl too James, because I roll rather than fold if I can to avoid crease lines. You can also wipe off any spilt beer easily. However I have also got a small artificial silk one for taking on holiday by air. It folds up to next to nothing and weighs very little. Horses for courses, just like the game rules themselves.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.