Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default The drinks are on me.

Come fill up your Bumpers my lads as we Splice the Mainbrace as today I celebrate my 8th year anniversary as a member at the Anchorage.
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Impressive Rob!
    Cheers!

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Happy 8th Anniversary, Rob!

Saying 'Thank you' to you for all that you have done for us here on The Anchorage is totally inadequate but 'Thank you' anyway.

Three Cheers for Admiral Bligh. Hip, Hip, Hurrah! Hip, Hip, Hurrah! Hip, Hip, Hurrah!

" For he's a jolly good fellow; For he's a jolly good fellow; For he's a jolly good fellow and so say all of us!"

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Hip, Hip Huzza! Hip, Hip Huzza! Hip, Hip Huzza!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Very kind of you chaps to say so.
    Trying to fill Eric's shoes was a big job. I am just pleased that you have found my efforts to keep things active satisfactory. There have been moments when I felt it was all to no avail, but we are in the main all still here, and a few of our new members are putting a bit of zest back into things as well. So with the re issue of the starter set on the horizon, here's to the next eight.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Juan

Congrats admiral Bligh! cheers! I am a newbie in the forum but I am sure you are doing a great job.

P.S. Pardon my ignorance. Who is/was Eric?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Zorro View Post

P.S. Pardon my ignorance. Who is/was Eric?
    In order to answer you question fairly Juan, I must mention as many of the members, upon whose shoulders I am honoured to stand.
    Eric or7eat 51 is one of those founder members who helped Keith, The Royal Hajj , to make the Anchorage a going concern either by carrying out trialing and testing of the game from conception to realization, or those who had a hand in constructing the site, did art work, added key ideas, and acted as analysts or informed experts on the Navy and its history.

Eric was the man who acted as Administrator along with Keith, and then inducted me into the role when I became an administrator.

I now add a list, as far as I can recollect, of all those who worked on the project in its formative period, and helped give us what we have today.
    If I have made any glaring omissions I apologize profoundly lady and gentlemen.
    I also owe a debt of gratitude to many who have come after, no less to my own team of stalwarts in the UK.

The Royal Hajj
    , The Cowman, Blackrose, David Manley, CappyTom, Cpt Kangaroo, Andy Blozinski, Cool Breeze, crashx
    , Blackjohn, Coog, 7eat51, Ling, Jack Aubrey, Old Ironsides, BBSuds, kelsith, and The Mad Hatter.

Rob.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Juan

I see, thanks for the information Bligh. Kudos to everybody and thanks for their contribution.

Cheers, Admiral.

Thank you for taking care so much of the Anchorage.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Has it really been that long already? *shock*
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Has it really been that long already? *shock*
    I'm afraid so DB.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Cheers, Admiral.

Thank you for taking care so much of the Anchorage.
    I second that sentiment, you have been the backbone of the place with some stalwart support from a few others. It means that chaps like me can come along at this late stage and still glean all the information that is stored here.
    Well done sir.