Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Morning John.

I have fired all manner of Black powder weapons some with live ammunition, with 1.5 charges in some instances where the touch hole had been drilled a little too high up the tube, and non from India pattern Bess, through Long Land pattern, Baker rifle nor Charleville had a noticeable hard kick nearly as much as a 12 bore shotgun.
    The only surprise I got was with my Medieval hand gonne, which not only kicked but although only using a charge half that of my 12 gauge musket sounded like a cannon. This was due to it having a chambered bore at the stock end of the barrel.
    The only gun I have fired that was a real pig is the Martini Henry. Kicked like a mule despite being warned about it and seating it well into my shoulder. I would not like to spend any length of time using that baby.

If you want to talk accuracy barrel weight etc I will give you my experience of that too.
    You may be surprised about one or two aspects of that. I know that I was.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I put this in the history section on gunnery yesterday, but on reflection it may be of more interest here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCuVMx5h1x0

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.