Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
That should not be a problem John, because the way we write the scenarios you can field as few ships as you need to carry out the mission, and can always designate a ship with another rate if you wish to. ie a Frigate can be used instead of a sloop as long as you balance up the other side to match. Nor do you have to play in every game of the season. What we usually do is have a Squadron action every other month, with a solo Pirate, Privateer game with your solo ship of choice pitted against something similar on the alternate month. You can play in either set of scenarios or both as you wish. For instance my solo ship is HEIC Nottingham sailing in the Indian Ocean, whilst my Squadron was Commanded by Admiral Sir Joshua Pound based at Capetown. We did have a system for awarding prize money and recruiting crews as well as penalties for damaged ships etc but this fell out of usage when Neil dropped out of the Campaign.

Rob.
Thanks Rob, that makes sense. I've read a few of the old game reports and some of the scenarios were very interesting as well as different to the usual balanced sides. I particularly liked a treasure hunting one that was very imaginative.
I did notice that shore based batteries were used, I like this idea for cutting out expeditions but I dont have the coastal battery pack and would prefer to have a modeled battery rather than a flat printed one. Is there anywhere that describes shorebased mats so I could make my own?
Cheers