Thread: Visual Deck comparison?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Default Visual Deck comparison?

Has anyone laid out the cards of each deck visually to see them side by side for comparison? There are a few for Wings of War / Glory.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As far as I am aware we have not done this. Would you like to give it a go for the files section David.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

It has kind of been done with the first two waves. Since then I haven't seen any comparison.

Back then it was length of the straight, nuber of cards, and angle of the tightest turn that I remember were discussed.

I think a more complete over all comparison would be great.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Get me the measurements and I can code a table to put it right in this thread, or any other reference repository.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Ordinary Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

Hi mates,
    Is there any comparison charts of all SOG ships packs, by maneuvers, size, guns, crew ?
    I don’t find any in the files section.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Simon.
    The person to contact is DB. He is the repository for all the technical information.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Ordinary Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

This files seems to show interesting characteristics of ship packs (waves 1 and 2)

Statistics spreadsheet for SGN :
    https://sailsofglory.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=31

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Is that the sort of thing you are after Simon?
    Rob.

Ordinary Seaman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Simon

Yes, but unfortunately, there is no files about waves 3 and 4.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nobody ever got round to doing those Simon.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Was it not wave three and four we noticed the models were, shall we say, undersized, and I think that over shadowed any discussion over the decks.
    Plus the initial Spanish stats seemed to be over powerful

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Was it not wave three and four we noticed the models were, shall we say, undersized, and I think that over shadowed any discussion over the decks.
    Plus the initial Spanish stats seemed to be over powerful
    Not "seemed," Ares deliberately CHOSE to overpower them for some reason beyond my ken. :( And IMO did a great disservice to the memory of the men who crewed those ship in doing so, in that presenting ships above historical capability and noting their wholesale historical loss would make one wonder if said crews truly were fighting what they had to the best of their ability.

Men fought and DIED on these ships, and we owe them the respect of telling their stories right as best we can.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Totally agree DB.

Rob.