Thread: ANNUAL GATHERING 2020

Able Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Default ANNUAL GATHERING 2020

On our sister site we have a thread where we have a couple of additional venue choices for next years annual gathering in addition to our usual Doncaster Air Museum rooms. Please can you read through the options and cast your vote accordingly. We want to make the event as inclusive as possible so let us know what you are thinking.
    Thank you shipmates
    Never knowingly undergunned

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will stick this for a few weeks for you Chris and copy it to the Wardroom too.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I can confirm that we are going ahead with our annual gathering at Doncaster again this year. I hope to see as many of our boaty boys there as possible. Hopefully I will be able to crash into a few rocks with you as well...

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I am hoping to attend. Have you started on any contingency plans in case the covid19 virus interferes?

Able Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Not much we can do contingency wise to be honest. The situation will either be so bad we have to cancel or it won’t, trouble is it is such a fast changing scenario at present no one knows what it will be like in September

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Tim has all the gear we need to deal with the situation.
    Just remember patient zero!

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I remember it well, mind you at least we can’t blame Corona Virus on Dave Manly

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We will Chris. We will !

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

The Swedish convention GothCon with 2000 participants held during Easter have said it will not be held this year. I don't have much hope for LinCon in late May. It's been declared illegal to have larger gatherings of any kind with more than 500 people in Sweden.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looks as if we will be getting the same sort of instructions within the next few days here as well Jonas.
    I could well be very glad of our Solo game set up before the Spring is out. At least it will be a change from the last time I was out of action. Confined to bed for weeks with Pneumonia. All I had was my pocket chess set. Mind you I have never been better at chess than I was in the months following that little lot. Got through all the games from the Grand Masters of the 18th cent to Karpov.

Rob.

Take care of yourself, Sir.

Prague in late April isn't cancelled at the moment.

We'll see...

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hope to see you lads tomorrow at Hammerhead all being well. We seem to be clear of the virus so far in this neck of the woods.
    Rob.