Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
Received the starter set today, models are really nice, but only the brigs may be useful for us.
Initial perusal looks like the ratlines we can use, they are sold separately and can be cut down I believe which is good news if you can get the Langton ones. Not tried rigging as yet using the supplied cotton.

Big gripe for me is no instructions for assembly, although the models are not difficult to assemble , and the leaflet that is enclosed is adequate for most, in my humble something for the minutia would have helped, ie which stern castle most representative for which navy, how anchors are attacked and the gaff. Minor gripes if you have a n interest and some ship knowledge, but I can see someone buying off the cuff may have a few issues.
They have added a small rigging help and painting guide, why not assembly?
Next issue the sails, beautifully coloured and pre cut , but no instructions about attaching said sails to mast, ie the need curling slightly and what glue best, again not a big issue if you got modelling experience, but !!

Cant comment on the rules or how things play as yet, more forth coming once I get the ships done.
Product is really nice and rulebook also nice and the write up on forth coming items is rather mouth watering I must confess.

Noticed a few things missing from the rulebook, but this is very minor but the book is full of eye candy.
Still prefer Sails after my flick through and I think we can use frigates and smaller on sails bases which will allow great Lakes battles and the more fameous frigate actions from the war of 1812.

Warlord is not known for providing detailed assembly instructions. I ran into that building some of their 28m vehicles.