Thread: Black Seas

Hybrid View

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Joseph

Has anyone played the game yet? How do you feel it compares to the gameplay of SoG?

Quote Originally Posted by InjunJ03 View Post
    Has anyone played the game yet? How do you feel it compares to the gameplay of SoG?
    There are some lets play videos available - just search it in YT (I can't link to videos at work).

There was one just posted that uses the advanced rules which may be more of interest. According to the designer Warlord wanted a fast play set light on sailing details, which by and large is suitable for larger actions. Not that I haven't used SOG for larger battles but each player controls one ship, whereas Black Seas would allow for a player to control multiple ships effectively.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Eric.
    I have run large actions where ships were instructed to sail in line and just mirrored the actions of the Flagship until such time as an obstacle to this was encountered such as a collision, de-masting, boarding or similar. That seems to work well with simple rules for damage loss of crew and fire. Use of the acetate ship management cards also makes for swifter play. Not saying perfect but doable.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.