Thread: Is there anybody there?

Threaded View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Aye Captin' I'm still on board on occasion. Trying to keep up with your major projects. Now that you have a new harbor to work out of, very nice!

We have no Sails nor Wings activity here anymore at all, waiting to see if they even bother to get T & T launched at our local stores, but it requires a Wings interest, sad to say.

My fleet is secure in storage with all my ship projects on hold until time and interest allows. I for one am highly motivated if there is a distinct project and my interest is fueled by working up things for others, but there are few others at this time. At a visit to the local hobby shop my eye was captured by an interesting flyer on the window inviting all interested parties to a meeting of "The Ancient Mariners" group. Haven't gone there yet, they meet just a few miles from my house in the library of a retirement community. Topics range from ship models of ancient Egyptians through the age of sail . . . thought I might show up one evening with a starter set and see if I can drum up or press some crew around Sails.

When the game started to lag a few years ago I bought into it heavily and have lots of ships to share and modify. With the tendency of Ares to lump ships into groups around size and decks and just changing the names of the ships, I started amassing ship drawings and making specific hulls, then sails and doing more accurate ships, but they like my planes get finished, photographed and boxed up. Need to focus on getting more crew. That would be helpful if starter sets do get back into production, I work with a lot of teens who are just looking for something to do that is not electronic . . . blah, blah, blah. . . Ares, S.O.S. Save Our Shipmates!

Meanwhile stay the course, I enjoy the salty few we have and hope to get back into the fray soon as well.BY6.
    Last edited by Clipper1701; 08-30-2019 at 13:08.