Thread: What's on your workbench for August?

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

I should have a couple schooners and more gunboats coming in the mail (with pivot guns!), but right now I'm working on a Hessian infantry regiment for Black Powder. Here's one of the jägers (riflemen).

Name:  IMG_1006.jpg
Views: 1957
Size:  113.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1008.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1009.jpg
Views: 2051
Size:  101.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1010.jpg
Views: 2115
Size:  109.1 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One of my Favourite units along with Ferguson's Rifles.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Name:  IMG_8076.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  141.9 KB

Now using scaled up original plans of the Island to finish off the rest of the coast.
    Just waiting for some more foam and an order from Langton's to arrive before I can start cutting out the Island outline.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Name:  IMG_8078.jpg
Views: 1893
Size:  136.2 KB
    The whole Island complex noe positioned and marked out ready for cutting out the profile tomorrow.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The next process was to rough out the shape of the fort and place the walls roughly in place.

Name:  IMG_8116.jpg
Views: 2004
Size:  143.3 KB

Followed by gluing them down with No Nails.
    Name:  IMG_8114.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  161.3 KB
    Note the buildings were not glued at this stage.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Name:  IMG_8117.jpg
Views: 1758
Size:  142.6 KB

I have now added the roughed out foreshore outer ring of the ditch, and ravelins to the fort.

Name:  IMG_8118.jpg
Views: 1811
Size:  168.6 KB

Having painted a thin coat of PVA onto the Fort to seal and strengthen it I left it overnight to dry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

During the day I have sculpted the outer defences and PVA glued the surface.

Name:  IMG_8119.jpg
Views: 1997
Size:  120.3 KB

Now ready to start work on the town section.