Thread: What's on your workbench for July.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Default What's on your workbench for July.

Just to bring you shipmates up to date with what I have posted on the Drome my workbench/ playing area will be up and running in a few days. Just waiting for the back scene boards and new Sails mat to arrive.
    Here is the current state of play.

Name:  IMG_7852.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  172.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7853.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  113.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7854.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  127.5 KB

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Hannah

Nice one! I like how it looks.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All the oak cupboards are recycled from the Kitchen we just renovated. The oak doors were just too good to let go and the rest of the changes just grew out of this like Topsy.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

I just finished up the Brigade Models star fort, and I have Fort Louvois primed. The big project, though, is the brig USS Niagara (Langton 1:1200).

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Any pictures of your forts Jason?
    Belay that. I found them.
    Rob.

Nice gaming corner, Rob!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Sven.
    My back-scene arrived and got pasted and cut out today.
    here is the finished item slotted in just in front of the cloud-scape. This can be removed for all sea battles or have the coastline placed in front of it for inshore work. Just waiting for my new sea mat which should have arrived yesterday!

Name:  IMG_7855.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  97.0 KB

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just saw your Rep comment my dear Comte. Thank you also for that.

Rob.

Landsman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Geoff

Bligh, I spy!

I do see a sword there in a very nicely themed room, is the sword authentic? Do you have any links about it I could admire?

Any updates on the delayed sea map?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just my old 18th Cent re-enactors blade I'm afraid Geoff. it is, however, sharp.
    Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Not Sails, but on the gunsmithing bench, something for my girlfriend:

Right now it's a bastardization between an M4, a C8 (Canadian version of the "14.5"-16" AR15" role) and a Colt 727 (a similar shorty used by the guys in Black Hawk Down), but as soon as I get some green furniture to replace the black (and get the stock ordered and then refinished; that bare tube means I can technically declare this thing a "pistol" if I wanted to--and before the rail arrived to mount the foregrip I screwed on a pistol tube and did exactly that!) and a correctly engraved lower receiver it's going to become a Canadian C8A3. (Well, most of a C8A3... since she's a fan of the Resident Evil movies, and has said that if she ever gets a crack at nailing Milla Jovovich I better not make her try to choose one or the other, I'm considering having an Umbrella Corporation lower custom finished with full-color logo engravings as a personal touch.

This was so she could have one of her own for the range while visiting, and I wanted to stretch out and take on something more challenging than the tan M4 clones that everybody and his dog has nowadays.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.