Thread: Regards from France

Landsman
    France

Log Entries
    Name
    Emmanuel

Default Regards from France

My name is Manu (Emmanuel).
    I'm a 51 years old boardgamer and I bought, one month ago, Sails of Glory.
    I live near Grenoble (French Alps), i'm married and I have two childs (a 15 years old boy and a 9 years old daughter)
    I'm working in medical as anestesist and critical care doctor.
    My hobbys are : model making, miniatures painting, woodworking, role playing games and board games... The problem is there is only 24 hours in a day !
    I love history...My favorite period is WWI, WWII and cold War but i have interst in history in general. I have take part in several medieval animation when I was younger...
    I've played Wings of War and as modeler, I have build wood boats...Sails of glory is a good mixing between this two activity !
    I start to read the forum today and I found many interesting topics...Your community is very active and I'm very happy to join this group.

As a French citizen, please forgive my poor English writting

Best Regards,

Manu

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hello again Manu. I can now give you a formal welcome on behalf of the sailors here on the Anchorage.
    From your resume, I think you will fit in very well with most of us here. It seems as if the majority of us have dabbled at one time or another in all those hobbies that you mention, although I don't recall any actual critical care doctors. That role would make you very popular indeed on any warship.
    I expect a few of the crew will be along shortly to give you their own brand of welcome.
    Till then sail safe with a fair wind behind you.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome to you Manu, from Bristol in UK

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Manu, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Joseph

Greetings!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Not very shortly but finally the mathematically inclined software developer that would probably in those times been a sailing master, found the way here... Bienvenue!