Thread: Greetings

Landsman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    jose

Default Greetings

Hello to all, my name is Jose'and I live in sunny Brisbane (Queensland/Australia).
    It's taken a while but I've finally managed to get my gear in order and ask permission to come aboard.
    I'm not much of a sailing person but I love the period and I really enjoy playing S.O.G.- though technically i'm 1 from 9 (even my wife has managed to beat me and she doesn't even like games - I did beat her second time round and she hasn't played me since as she wants to maintain some bragging rights).
    Note to self - stay away from reef tiles and table edges - these ships don't turn sharply 8:).
    I look forward to being part of this community and I thank you all in advance for all the help that I will make my gaming experience so much more enjoyable.
    Cheers
    Jose'

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Jose, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. There is much on this website to add to your enjoyment of the game, so have a good look around, particularly at the Files section. Also, please feel free to ask questions about the game. You will find the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great to have you alongside Jose.
    We are all still on a learning curve when sailing these ships. Each one has its own foibles, and when you get a class of ship you like tend to stay with it for games. however, it is best to experience all types of ship in all conditions to escape the pitfall of not understanding their capabilities.
    Also I see you have already discovered the one truism about SoG. You never win against wives or your children.

May you sail with a fair wind and a willing foe.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Welcome Jose, keep going the victories will soon rack up.
    If we can help with any game, historical question just ask, someone will have an answer for you.