Thread: Early Offerings

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lance

Default Early Offerings

I know we are talking about the napoleonic period here but I was wondering if the game would be suitable for the Great Lakes naval actions. That begs the question are there plans in place to release cards / minis for American ships? I would assume the war of 1812 and the Quasi-War would drop into this period.

Also do they plan named ships of just generic ones?

Thanks

lance

Shure I want to see one or two US frigates too, but I think you have to do the most with repaints.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lance

So all the ships will be generic then. Too bad. That pushes me towards 1/1200 scale ships.

I believe that the models will represent a ship class and painted to resemble specific ships within the class. The problem with model ships is that there were so many different classes it is impossible to produce all of them. No telling how many different British 38's there were during the age of sail. Even with GHQ and other 1:1200 manufacturers there is a very limited number of ships in comparison to how many were out there. You have to use what's there generically, doing conversions and repainting to come as close as you can to the ship you want.