Thread: GHQ Temeraire Class 74

Default GHQ Temeraire Class 74

Greetings all! Not sure if anyone is interested in 1/1200 scale ships, but I know Julian regularly posts his beautiful work here. Anyway, I just finished a GHQ French 74, Redoubtable, posted on my blog
    https://volsminiatures.blogspot.com/...ubtable.html?m

Name:  20190214_203414.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  142.1 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That is yet another splendid build Vol. Redoubtable by name and by workmanship.
    I do use 1:1200 ships for background fluff unloading in docks on slipways, and for some sinking and wrecked vessels etc. One thing that caught my eye was the good match you have between your mat and the base. All in all well worth a bit of rep. Please keep us informed of any other ships that you produce.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

As I told you on Facebook, good work Vol!

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Hey Vol. Glad I dropped by to see this beautiful ship. It might just be me, but I think this is one of the sharpest constructions and paint jobs I've seen you do? The red, grey and black combination is striking and really makes the ship pop. Rep definitely given.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Nice one Vol, my intention is to use my 1/1200 ships as merchantmen,this will start as soon as I finish the rigging on my national fleets..... only three frigates to do now

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I may follow your lead there Chris, as two French Indiamen hardly cut it for me.
    Bye the way if you have any more spare Sloop boxes could you bring me a couple up next weekend. I will show you why when I see you.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Andy

Wow, a really beautiful Ship. I like the colour scheme. The rig is Perfect. Well done! ;)

Thanks guys, always appreciate the comments.

Andy & Jim, as I say on my blog post this colour scheme comes from Rod Langton's guide book paint scheme examples.
    Last edited by Volunteer; 02-18-2019 at 21:47.