Working on a digital model for a Sails storage case. Bligh, if you'd check your email you'd have already seen these...

Name:  <acronym title=SGN case 1 - mockup mini, defining base envelope.jpg Views: 659 Size: 94.4 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
Starting with a mockup "mini" in Sketchup, based on Victory's dimensions but rather simplified. Also starting to define the socket for the base.

Name:  <acronym title=SGN case 2 - base claw roughly defined.jpg Views: 630 Size: 109.9 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
At this point the base socket is mostly defined--I need to check if Ocean bows project past the end of the base and adjust accordingly if so.

Name:  <acronym title=SGN case 3 - base claw and deck slot.jpg Views: 635 Size: 111.5 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
Here we have the main case's base socket fully defined, and have started to build out the case by adding a space for the maneuver deck.

Name:  <acronym title=SGN case 4 - jib block in place, outlining float space.jpg Views: 603 Size: 114.7 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
We've added a spacer block under the jib, and are starting to rough out the "box" around the masts. Note that the masts will "free float" in this space, the entire ship is held in place by the pin joining it to the base.

Name:  <acronym title=SGN case 5 - building cell around ship.jpg Views: 730 Size: 117.1 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
At this stage we're starting to build out the "sail box" around the masts.

Name:  <acronym title=SGN case 6 - cell render complete.jpg Views: 643 Size: 114.2 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
Finished render of the preliminary concept. The "windowpane" that goes over the ship isn't rendered, nor the lip that locks the base's starboard side in place (attached to the window) or the outer framing. If I was going to make this a "travel size game" complete kit, I'd do it with one side holding two ships, and the other just a box for the rulebook, rulers and chits.