Thread: Permission to come aboard!

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Ken

Default Permission to come aboard!

Just a few lines to introduce myself to my new mess mates.

I am a wargamer of more years than I care to remember but am little more than a Powder Monkey when it comes to Naval warfare. That said, I am fast learning about attitudes to the wind and how best to fight the ship! I am originally from the port of London but have lived inland in East Anglia (Nr. Peterborough) for the past 33 years or so. Due to circumstance I have mostly been a solo wargamer but I understand that SOG can be adapted for such. I look forward to witnessing a 'real' game at some stage in order to hone my general understanding of the rules.

I must also thank my Admiral of the Blue for his warm welcome aboard.

God Save the King!

Hodekin (Ken)

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Welcome to the Anchorage, Ken, from here near Norwich. There is much on this site to help you with the game and do feel free to ask questions. You will find that the people here are very friendly and helpful.

Peterborough is well placed for travelling to events. Some of us will be at Hammerhead at the Newark Showground on Saturday 2nd March. If you can make it, we will be glad to meet you in person and you could join in some games.

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Welcome to the Anchorage, Ken, from here near Norwich. There is much on this site to help you with the game and do feel free to ask questions. You will find that the people here are very friendly and helpful.

Peterborough is well placed for travelling to events. Some of us will be at Hammerhead at the Newark Showground on Saturday 2nd March. If you can make it, we will be glad to meet you in person and you could join in some games.
    Yes, I have just heard from Rob about the Hammerhead demonstration and I plan to be there. It will be good to put faces to the names as well!
    To wives and sweethearts.......may they never meet!

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Hi Ken,
    Welcome to the Anchorage from the beautiful (and frigidly cold -- 4 degrees farenheit last night) Hudson River Valley. I'm sure you'll get as much fun and learning from this site as I have.
    Bill

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    Hi Ken,
    Welcome to the Anchorage from the beautiful (and frigidly cold -- 4 degrees farenheit last night) Hudson River Valley. I'm sure you'll get as much fun and learning from this site as I have.
    Bill
    Thank you Bill, obviously it's still early days for me but I have to say that I have been made to feel right at home.
    To wives and sweethearts.......may they never meet!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry I missed this at the time Ken, but we were up to the neck with Estate Agents and Valuers that week.
    It was really good to finally be able to make my number yesterday.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.