Captains Cabin.

It has been decided that again this year the campaign will be 6 games one every other month.

As we are already well into January it is only fair to offer a game campaign starting in February and ending in December. These games can be any size, Fleet, Squadron or single ship actions to suit your individual tastes.

I only ask that you design a game on the same principles as have already be used in previous years, post your briefing, then post your AAR here. That way we may get 5 games but as many different games as we have players. If you wish to play someone else's scenario then you just follow the briefing as laid down by that player.

Here is Neil's synopsis of how we attribute points, make repairs and share out the booty for this year.

1. Nation v Nation:
........a. Ability Points
................i. How to earn Ability Points
.......................1. At the end of the game
...............................a. the burdens of each ship that has been sunk or captured are added together
...............................b. The burden total is divided by number of the player’s captains starting the game.
........................................i. The player’s captains and their crews get the points even if their ships were sunk or captured
.......................................ii. Survivor’s benefits.
...............................c. The scenario totals are reported as decimals, but the annual totals are rounded to whole numbers.
.......................Example:
...............................a. Captain Sterling leads 3 ships against the wily French. The French lost 2 ships, a third rated ship with a burden of 5, and a frigate with a burden of 3.
...............................b. Bligh, the player, is awarded 8 ability points. Those points are divided between the 3 captains so that each captain gets 2.67 points.
...............................c. Sterling, the leader of the squadron, is also awarded 1 point for achieving the goal of the scenario.
.........ii. Repairs
.................1. Half of the hull and half of the crew boxes are filled between scenarios
.................2. Example:
.......................a. Constitution has 9 hull and 9 crew boxes when she is undamaged
.......................b. Damage from game play
...............................i. She takes 8 boxes of hull damage
..............................ii. She takes 4 boxes of crew damage
.......................c. Repairs
...............................i. Her captain can repair 5 hull boxes leaving 3 damaged
..............................ii. Her captain can recruit 5 crew boxes which completely replaces the crew
.......................d. Next scenario
...............................i. Constitution can begin the next scenario with a complete crew, but with the 3 left hull boxes covered
..............................ii. Constitution can stay in port for the next scenario and complete repairs on her hull
2. Letters of Marque
........a. Treasure Points (tp)
........b. Income
................i. Warships
.......................1. Value of the ship = 1 tp for each burden point
.......................2. Value of equipment = 1 tp for each undamaged hull box
.......................3. Bounty for a sunken ship = 1 tp for each burden point only
...............ii. Merchant Ship
.......................1. Value of the ship = 1 tp for each burden point
.......................2. Value of equipment = 1tp for each undamaged hull box
.......................3. Value of cargo = 1 tp for box reserved for cargo
.......................4. Value of a sunken merchant ship = 0 tp
.........c. Expenditures
................i. Hull Damage:
.......................1. Repairs to half of the hull boxes can be repaired for free
.......................2. 1 tp repairs 1 hull box
...............ii. Crew Replacement:
.......................1. Half of the crew boxes are healed for free
.......................2. 1 tp recruits 1 crew box
..............iii. If you don’t have the treasure to make complete repairs you need to report how you will allocate your treasure points for partial repairs.
..............iv. Jack’s Union Bank will not allow you to have a negative balance.

Have fun.

Bligh.