Thread: Getting set for my next engagement

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Default Getting set for my next engagement

I just spent an hour setting this lot up for a general melee...I think I should have got 8’ tables rather than 6’...Name:  E71C785A-DBAF-4495-890B-E1683B69A00A.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  168.4 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking forward to the battle Steve and from his comments elsewhere I'm sure that Texas (Jonas) is too.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It looks like you are going to be busy, Steve.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Some more info on the setup. North is to the left in the picture. English ships are HMS Cleopatra 32 and HMS Zealous 74 NE of the island HMS Agamemnon 64 and HMS Bellona 74 to the NW. Spanish ships are Ninfa 34, Argonauta 74, Bahama 74 and San Hermenegildo 112. The fort is in Spanish hands.
    At the start of the engagement the wind is moderate from the EAST.

I guess I should make this an AAR.....
    Last edited by Bilge Rat; 01-16-2019 at 15:50. Reason: Corrected wind direction

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking at your table size, it is the same as mine Steve. Any bigger and your ships just take twice as long to get into action and you get a bad back by having to lean across the table for hours on end. I ended cutting a foot off the width of mine.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

Questions on AAR's
    1. Do they have to be officially designed battles, i.e. ones that are designed for everyone to play or can any action played either solo or in a group be posted as an AAR with turn by turn descriptions?
    2. If not the former, will there be a 2019 AAR official thread?
    Please excuse my ignorance in these matters.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

An ordinary AAR can be posted in the normal AAR section and gain points towards a medal . It can be solo or a game with other people members or not.
    Only Solo AARs set by the players of the Campaign should be posted in the 2019 section. I will be setting that up by the end of this week ready for the February solo Scenario to kick off the year. Warning. The scenario may contain rocks!
    Rob.