Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Default Powder Monkey question

Do I understand correctly, for instance, that if the player ship is upwind in the "A" arc, you use the first row of movement cards for the solo ship, but if the player were downwind of the solo ship, he would have to be in the "B" arc for the solo ship to use the first row?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Dobbs.

The position in the wind determines which line you choose.
    If the player's ship is in the A arc. when measured from the AI ship and if your AI is upwind of the player's ship. Dice for AI movement on the top line.

If the AI ship is downwind of the player's ship, the second line, red A is relevant, and the AI ship dices for movement on that line.

Hope that is more clear.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Yes, that is more clear, or at least confirms my understanding. thanks Rob!

It is a positively ingenious system in its simplicity!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One thing you will find is that it is slightly easier to get a rake on the AI than for them to do it unto you.
    I therefore always field one more AI ship than my own squadron has in a game.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.