Thread: Double Hull Leak on Same Volley

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Default Double Hull Leak on Same Volley

In my game for the Solo Campaign, Le Swiftsure took 24 damage points including two hull leaks on the same turn -- do two hull leaks received from the same broadside sink her ?

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steve

I would say no, but repairing two leaks and pumping out water is going to severely restrict your ability to fight and I suspect you will run out of crew actions before you can save her.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Thanks, Steve. I was leaning that way but wanted to make sure. She took so many hits from 3 different ships that I figured she wasn't long for this world anyway.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I believe, without turning to the rules which are packed ready for going to a game, that you can only repair one leak at a time but may pump water to contain the other leak, then repair it on the next turn.
    So instead of simply occupying two crew boxes for one turn it actually occupies three boxes but over two turns in total.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

The turn after the damage received you would add two water damage markers to your top damage track box.
    During the Action phase you can pump water, removing one counter from the damage track, at the end of the turn you can then repair one leak as this action is a delayed one.
    The next turn you add one water damage counter to the damage track, you still have one leak and now two water damage on your damage track, during the action phase you pump water removing one water damage leaving you with one water damage marker.
    At the end of this turn you can repair the leak if planned.
    The next turn, the third after the leak was received, you do not add any further water as the leaks have been repaired and during the action phase you pump out the water removing it from the damage track.

So it is possible to counter two or even three leaks after taking some damage, its just a lengthy process and you hope not to take further damage to cause you to strike.

To sink, a ship must have three or more water damage markers on the damage track then you take three water damage markers and a sinking marker, shuffle and choose, you then sink if you draw the sink marker. If you draw a water damage the water marker remains on the damage track, put to one side the 4 markers as you may need again. Next turn if you dont repair or pump you follow the same procedure and continue to check each turn for as long as you have to add a water damage marker and you have two or more water markers on the track.

Thats my interpretation of the rule
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 08-22-2018 at 02:16.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Thanks Chris this is very helpful and instructive -- I appreciate it !

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Bill i have a sequence of play for the advance rules which may help, ill try and get it posted to the files section asap

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Thanks !

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Bill i have a sequence of play for the advance rules which may help, ill try and get it posted to the files section asap
    If you want to add anything to the files section Chris please PM Keith. Unlike the Drome, for some reason I do not get a notification about either files or posts requiring moderation on here.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.