Spaceballs of Glory on Kickstarter soon!
I am proud to announce that Metro-Goldwin-Meyer finally licensed us rights to publish Spaceballs of Glory, an official game in the bestselling "of Glory" line of lines. Co-designed with Andrea Mainini, the game will feature famed starships as Eagle V and Spaceballs I from the 1987 Spaceballs movie, plus further elements from Spaceball: the Animated Series and from the two unreleased sequels of the movie, Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money and Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2.
Pre-assembled, pre-painted miniatures will be released, even if the exact scale of the models has still to be chosen. "Spaceballs of Glory will be launched on Kickstarter at ludicrous speed", told me Roberto Di Meglio from Ares Games.
An interesting feature is that the game will be 100% compatible with any Yoda-style-numbered episode of any space saga you like. You will be then able to play with any Lettered-Wing spacecraft and scarce-aim bad-guy-manned interceptor that Matchbox, Hot Wheels and Revell abundantly produce in such a suitable scale. You will be able to refight epic movie scenes with the friends-and-family oriented, fully scalable up to 100 players with no downtime, buy as less as you want and enjoy the game for years anyway style of playing that already made Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory so successful.
Here a shot of a playtesting session with my handmade prototype. I will discuss the game with the public in a conference about Sci-Fi and games at Deepcon in Fiuggi, Italy, on April 19th. A game session will be held at Prague Con, the European meeting of Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory players, on April 21st. Stay tuned!

Name:  Spaceballs.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  180.7 KB