Florian Richter
    ISBN:
    978-1-912174-81-2
    Category:
    Reference
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:
    This is a new book and is part of the Peter Dennis Paper armies series.
    The book is meant to be copied and the ships cut out and used to fight Napoleonic sea battles.

The book is 47 pages, page 2 v gives instructions to build the ships, page 3 pictures to assist building the ships page 4 instructions to place flags on the ships and these flags are found on page 47.
    The rest of the pages are filled with a Profile picture of every ship that took part at Trafalgar, in colour as well as a sea coloured base with name for the ships plus some extra damaged ships and merchant ships.

There is no historical background nor any precise of the battle, this is a pure wargames book giving you the game pieces to fight the battle. it does say that a simplistic set of rules is available for download off their website.
    Permission is given for personal use to copy the ships, bases , flags etc so you can print onto card instead of cutting up your book.

stay away if you want battle information, but if you want to refight Trafalgar inexpensively this may be for you.
    The ship profiles are approx 1//1200 scale I think comparing to Ares ships.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks Chris! Guess I'll be ordering this as soon as it's out here in the US.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mike

That is Nice! A great way to get into AoS inexpensively.

It is up for pre-order on Amazon for $19 and releasing 4/25.

https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Trafal...e+of+Trafalgar

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

So on a different tack Chris, what models would you recommend for HMS Revenge and HMS Swiftsure, Leviathan and Minotaur? They are the only remaining Brits I do not have yet.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

This one is difficult as they are all different styled.

Minataur and Leviathan are from the Carnatic class based on a captured French ship the Couraguese.

Revenge is a large type so I have used a Temeraire class

I am missing as well as Leviathan and Minataur , Swiftsure, Conqueror, Colossus not sure which is best, something I am looking into.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

This reminded me of the description about HMS Neptune's sailing abilities. Her captain had described her as the slowest, worst manoeuvrable ship in the fleet, but on that day during the Battle of Trafalgar, Nelson had to order them to take in the studdingsails or Neptune would have overtaken HMS Victory. She had been as transformed into a quick and manoeuvralbe ship smaller than she actually was.

This is with regards to the discussion in another thread about individual characteristics of the ships. Not only do they differ within a class of ships, and due to maintenance (thinking of HMS Agamemnon) but apparently also the form on the specific day.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Chris.
    I will follow your lead on this one.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    This reminded me of the description about HMS Neptune's sailing abilities. Her captain had described her as the slowest, worst manoeuvrable ship in the fleet, but on that day during the Battle of Trafalgar, Nelson had to order them to take in the studdingsails or Neptune would have overtaken HMS Victory. She had been as transformed into a quick and manoeuvralbe ship smaller than she actually was.

This is with regards to the discussion in another thread about individual characteristics of the ships. Not only do they differ within a class of ships, and due to maintenance (thinking of HMS Agamemnon) but apparently also the form on the specific day.
    And also by having a good steersman who knows his charge's quirks and idiosyncracies, how to exploit things for good and mitigate the bad--the SR-71 Blackbird fleet was similar, and aircrews learned to pick out and exploit the unique quirks of each aircraft, like 981's lighter weight and lack of certain electronics making her a noticeably faster climber and accelerator, great for "rocket rides" patrolling the Korean DMZ.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.