Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

About the firepower...
    HMS Victory:
    30 x 32 pounders + 28 × 24 pounders + 30 × 12 pounders + 12 × 12 pounder + 2 × 12 pounder + 2 × 68 pounder carronade = 1148 lb broadside.

So Santa Ana should be about the same as Victory, maybe a single number raised by one. Santissima's broadside is a little heavier again so another number may be raised by one, but as it has a larger number of guns it should be a slower degradation with damage taken. Note that that if raising many numbers later on may compensate for the heavier broadside too.

About the burden...
    The Santissima was a Meregildos with a continuous gun deck from the forecastle and the quarter deck. As such there is no additional structure that would warrant a burden higher than the Océan-class French first rates. If looking at the crew number it looks the same when comparing with the Océan-class.

About sailing...
    Santissima would be even worse to sail than any other ship in the game. Not only had she problems maneuvering at Trafalgar due to the low wind, but her high sides made her leeway terrible! She would have almost 180 degrees red.

And as you can guess I have never used the Spanish ships and probably never will in any official battle as their numbers are completely taken out of the blue and the models are another scale. I will use them privately with completely different stats. If I were to set up the Battle of Trafalgar on a convention I would probably use "Gunners lacking training" for the Spanish and "Well-trained gunners" and "Good aim" for the British, and that still would not compensate for that first devastating broadside.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good point about the red Jonas.
    I can easily sort that out when I print the card.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.