Thread: Santissima Trinidad stats

Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I'm not a member of the stats committee so I'll keep my mouth shut concerning any representations of the Santisima Trinidad's throwing weight, defensive capabilities or sea worthiness. However, as a modeler first and a gamer second I will say there's already enough 'Glory' for the British and French navies in this game so some love for the Spanish and American 'fleets' isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just my two cents (and I'll go back to my modeling now).
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    However, as a modeler first and a gamer second I will say there's already enough 'Glory' for the British and French navies in this game so some love for the Spanish and American 'fleets' isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just my two cents (and I'll go back to my modeling now).
    My main concern with this is that it's not possible within the game to recreate this historical glory due to very strange stats.

I also don't think there should be too much emphasis put on who were in the stats committee. This is something that concerns everyone and should be debated by everyone. (I'm a member.)

In this case I think that there would be two main roads to follow. Stats if we keep the out of line Spanish and if you would make the Spanish more according to historical facts. Basically I think Duff will use them in an open game and should therefore use as much of the original rules as possible and therefore base the stats on the existing Spanish ships. I'm still not sure about that extra box.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As usual Jonas the interpretation of the stats we have dug up will be open to each individual member to use or not as they see fit. I believe this to be in the spirit of what Andrea would wish from what he has said.
    The Stats Committee are in place simply to draw all the factors together in a reasonable way for any members to use as a guide, and give some criteria to back up the use of any ship in an open game where the stats may be challenged by other players. They will at least have the strength of the Stats Committee behind them. I do not want any member to be put in a position when challenged by a member of the public not to be able to back up what he is doing.

Let the debate continue! I have not even conclusively decided where my position will be yet but it is certainly being modified significantly downward from that first set of stats which I suggested.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.