For several years I lived in Needham, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. The house I lived in dated from 1727 and had a sign on the side indicating it belonged to the Captain of the Needham militia that answered the call at the Battle of Lexington and Concord at the start of the American Revolution. The cemetery in town had veterans of Bunker Hill as well as Lexington and Concord, but the one that really interested me was in the Civil War section of the cemetery. I happened upon this particular gravestone and was quite astonished by what it said. The veteran in question (with a particularly British sounding name that I cannot now remember) was a sergeant in the Union army and was present at the Battle of Gettysburg -- but what took my breath away was that the next line on the tombstone indicated that when this man was a lad he was a drummer boy in the British army and was present at the Battle of Waterloo. What could be the odds of someone being on two different continents for the two greatest land battles of the 19th century ???