Thread: The Santissima Trinidad Build

Hybrid View

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Dave this is awesome! Thank you very much. I'd certainly enjoy a step by step molding procedure if you have the time, but what you've posted will certainly help me in future endeavors. I will definitely look into the latex product. I've been using the flexible 'putty' you get at craft stores. That product doesn't allow for the kind of molding you've done with the latex. Cool beans!!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Dave this is awesome! Thank you very much. I'd certainly enjoy a step by step molding procedure if you have the time, but what you've posted will certainly help me in future endeavors. I will definitely look into the latex product. I've been using the flexible 'putty' you get at craft stores. That product doesn't allow for the kind of molding you've done with the latex. Cool beans!!
    I am working up a full thread from carving the plug to pouring the ship, sails and base, but it will be a while. Meanwhile I buy all my supplies from Hobby Lobby of all places! If I buy one item a week I can use their 40% app coupon and save $ to spend on more stuff . . . so the madness is fed. Just what ship to do next . . .

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    I am working up a full thread from carving the plug to pouring the ship, sails and base, but it will be a while. Meanwhile I buy all my supplies from Hobby Lobby of all places! If I buy one item a week I can use their 40% app coupon and save $ to spend on more stuff . . . so the madness is fed. Just what ship to do next . . .
    Great news! Thank you for doing so when you have the time. I'll probably get in hot water with Ares for suggesting this, but we know they 'oversized' both the USS Constitution and the Ocean class French ships. Accurate scale for them would be nice. If Bobby were still active here he'd likely request Great Lakes ships from the War of 1812 (both US and British)?

Thanks for your work!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb