United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chuck

Default Ship bases?

Name:  B2AB9E9F-2480-4F50-98D1-7939FE555684.jpeg
Views: 907
Size:  46.0 KB

Where can we purchase extra ship bases like this for the new ships we create And customize? What are my options?

Thank you gents!

-Chuck

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Unfortunately, unlike Wings, there is no alternative at this time.
    I am currently looking into getting some custom bases made from wood, there are a number of options, in uk at least, of people making movement trays for figures and I am currently in talks with one to make a movement tray similar to the ships base, once I get this done, Ill post the dimensions and you may be able to find someone in the states with a similar capability.
    This will be an ongoing thing as not seeing the chap until late April

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chuck

Chris, thank you for letting me know. I would love to snag a dozen if possible. I did email ARES and have not heard back from them. Honestly they are dropping the ball on products for us. Seems a strange way to support their games. But I’m still a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Unfortunately, unlike Wings, there is no alternative at this time.
    I am currently looking into getting some custom bases made from wood, there are a number of options, in uk at least, of people making movement trays for figures and I am currently in talks with one to make a movement tray similar to the ships base, once I get this done, Ill post the dimensions and you may be able to find someone in the states with a similar capability.
    This will be an ongoing thing as not seeing the chap until late April

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am afraid that we are a very little fish in their frying pan Chuck.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Daniel

I'm wondering if someone with a 3D printer could design them and print them out? The only thing needed would be the clear cap to go on top. But as someone had posted elsewhere you can get the water effect clear plastic.
    Years back I used to get sheets of clear plastic light defuser panels and would carefully cut them out to mount WW2 Naval ships onto. I would paint the topside ocean blue and paint wake effects.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

If someone started turning out the bases they could be on a nice earner if they could match the blue of the Ares ones. We all need extra bases for the ships we buy from Langtons et al. I can do all the rest for myself. There was a chap at a show doing some but I never saw him again.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chuck

Are the bases the exact same size? If they are I’ll look into getting some 3D printed and offer them up at cost to everyone.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

All the bases are identical Chuck.
    Rob.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Balsa wood is ideal for making your own bases, it is available in a variety of thicknesses and is easy to cut to size with a craft knife.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

This company produce clear perspex bases but I am afraid that they are in the U.K., Chuck. http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epage...ear_TerraBases

Perhaps there might be one producing similar bases in the U.S.A..

Another thought, The Royal Hajj (Keith, who runs this site and the Anchorage Store), uses a machine to produce perspex bases for Wings of Glory models. He might be able to adapt it to produce clear bases for ships.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 03-19-2018 at 00:03.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jason

Did anyone ever find a source that doesn't require cutting out the bases yourself?

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I was in the process of sourcing some bases similar to the official bases but then was lucky enough to pick up some spares on eBay.