Quote Originally Posted by robbage View Post
Good for you, Chris; this is a subjective call for some of us when all is said and done. Looks like a practical solution to me and that is most of the issue right there. I just know I could not abide that soft blue foam, in any case. Have had soft foam before with miniatures and while it seems a better much for metal figures, I just don't much like it aesthetically.

And Eric, am thinking about magnetic storage options also. If there were a nifty way to field the cards/log along with the ships, I might consider it. Sometimes just knowing that there are one or two fewer steps from the urge to play to getting everything to the table is enough to carry the day.

Currently, I've got ships in clear Ultra Pro cases, one per ship with all cards and logs. It has merit, but the cards do lean in against the ship. Until I get a windfall of Dry Docks, it will have to do.

Name:  IMGP8043.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  128.6 KB
I have a friend who stores his Star Wars X-Wing smaller ships in this manner. Seems to work well for him. His larger ships he keeps in their original boxes where possible.
All of it goes into a much larger 30 + Qt sized storage container.