Thread: My Chase Rules - and an AAR

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Aaron

<stares off into the distance, the rise and fall rhythm of the ship’s bow completely going unnoticed>

After a long pause followed by the sound of spit, the tired sailor resumes scrubbing the deck.

The scrubbing sound suddenly ends and the sailor speaks, “ Aye like ye thoughts you shared on conducting the chase.”

<missing teeth make their absence known as a brisk smile appears>

“I may have a rules change I mean to propose to the captain, regarding your rules and all. Here’s how I see it, if one of the ships is flying the French colors, then that ship makes all haste in hanging every piece of canvas and setting a bearing to the nearest soon to be blockaded port.”

A sudden loud voice from amidship exclaims, “back to work, the both of ye or you’ll be next up for underwater hull inspection.”

The sounds of work suddenly resumes as both sailors return to their work, their bloody hands moving in a practiced pattern; their thoughts though on other duties, on rule making and the like.

The sound of a bell rings as the watch above looks down with impacience as their relief sleepily stumbles up the rat lines.
    Last edited by Aaron; 12-20-2017 at 23:37.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

What ho Aaron.
    You mean yon lubber was not triced up to the gratings for spitting on the deck!
    Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Like the cut of your jib Dobbs. I will certainly be giving those sheets an airing in due course. How's yer night vision matey?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.