Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1246

Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Hybrid View

Ordinary Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    Howard

Thank you kindly Sir! All the practising running up the rigging paid off…
    I think I’ll add a dash of rum to this mornings coffee to mark the day

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top monthly poster medal for October is awarded to Uwe, Jack Aubrey.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And our top monthly thread starter for October is Kirk, aka KirkH.
    Congratulations also go to you sir.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Uwe

Many Thanks, Admiral

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Congratulations to all of you, Gentlemen !
    Last edited by Argo; 11-06-2022 at 15:06.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulation to you all!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am pleased to announce that the Top monthly Thread Starter for November is Dobbs, and this now brings with it his Gold Medal status in this award.

Congratulations Sir.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 12-01-2022 at 09:52.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The top monthly poster award Silver for November is awarded to Eric, DeRuyter.

Congratulations also to you sir.

Bligh.

Congratulations Dobbs!

Cogratulations Eric!

Thanks! Now if only I could finish some ship models!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For the second month running Eric, DeRuyter is awarded the medal for most posts. This now means that he holds the gold medal in this award.

Congratulations Lieutenant.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The top thread starter award for December goes to Gary, Baxter. This also brings up his Gold Medal in this category.

Congratulations Midshipman.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

We now come to the New Year's Honours List.

The medal for the Top Yearly Poster for 2022 is awarded to Vol,Volunteer.
    Thank you for all your participation during the year.

Congratulations Sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The medal for the Top Yearly Thread starter 2022 is also awarded to Vol,Volunteer.
    Thus being the first officer to do the double in the yearly awards.

Congratulations again sir.

Bligh.

Congrats to all. especially to Vol. for posting all his wonderful models!

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

A belated congratulations to all the medal recipients, well done.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It gives me great pleasure to announce the award of the medal of 100 rep points to Achim, Argo for his contribution to the Anchorage.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Thank you for the rep, my Admiral and all of you! It's an honor being part of this gallant crew !

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am pleased to be able to announce the award of the 50 Rep points medal to Mike, MVBell.

Congratulations Sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top monthly poster medal for January is awarded to our new shipmate Lt.William Bush.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Our top poster medal for January is also bagged by William Bush.

Congratulations once more sir.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

I thank you, Admiral.

I shall assure you that I shall further dedicate myself to conscientious duty for our King.

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I never doubted your devotion to duty Mr. Bush.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Achim

Congratulations, Mr. Bush.
    An excellent introduction here at Anchorage

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I can also report that Mr Bush has now risen from the position of OS. and is now rated as Able.

Congratulations Mr Bush.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I can also report that Mr Bush has now risen from the position of OS. and is now rated as Able.

Congratulations Mr Bush.

Bligh.

Thank you, Admiral.

Me thinks that Argo appears to have been recently promoted as well and is now rated as Midshipman.

Lt. Bush
    "Jeder Krieg, auch der siegreiche, ist ein Unglück für das eigene Volk, denn kein Landerwerb, keine Milliarden können Menschenleben ersetzen und die Trauer der Familien aufwiegen."
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you for pointing this out Lt. Bush you have a keen pair of eyes. i will act on the sighting with rapidity.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It has been brought to my ayttention that Argo has now passed for Midshipman.

Congratulations Achim.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

I am honoured, Admiral!

And I am looking forward to the opportunity of hopefully adding some daring deeds next Sunday to my many words.

Lt. Bush
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by William Bush View Post
    I am honoured, Admiral!

And I am looking forward to the opportunity of hopefully adding some daring deeds next Sunday to my many words.

Lt. Bush
    Capital Mr Bush.

I await your battle Dispatches with high expectation from a young officer who has already made such a mark for himself, with two Bronze medals to his name, after less than two months service since being assigned to the Fleet.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

On behalf of the Board of Admiralty ,it gives me great pleasure to announce the award of the Ten Years of Service award to Eric DERuyter.

Congratulations Eric.

Wm. Bligh.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Congratulations, Mr Bush!

There's preserverence! Well done Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSheets View Post
    There's preserverence! Well done Eric.
    Thanks. That also means that SoG has been out for ten years!

Whenever a ten year anniversary comes along I can't help but be reminded of a classic tune:

"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death."

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Very poignant Eric, although the Sun is also technically another day nearer to death too.

It is also true that the actual game started a bit earlier than that, and our Ten years started with the opening of the Anchorage by the Royal Hajj on Wednesday, November 23, 2011. Those who joined in that first year were granted the same medal as your own but with the addition of a Fouled Anchor attached to the ribbon. Nevertheless the honour is still very prestigious and you are the very first recipient of this medal.

Rob.

Very poignant Eric, although the Sun is also technically another day nearer to death too.

It is also true that the actual game started a bit earlier than that, and our Ten years started with the opening of the Anchorage by the Royal Hajj on Wednesday, November 23, 2011. Those who joined in that first year were granted the same medal as your own but with the addition of a Fouled Anchor attached to the ribbon. Nevertheless the honour is still very prestigious and you are the very first recipient of this medal.

Rob.
    The Kickstarter was in 2013 though or at least my spreadsheets are dated to 2013, which is why I mentioned it. The rule book is copyrighted 2013. Perhaps you are thinking of earlier play testing?

Also, I am approaching retirement and thinking it is time to get back to more actual sailing again before time runs short, which of course brings up the Floyd lines!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As you can see Eric my own membership dates from Nov 2011 and I was not involved in the play testing.
    Rob.

Right but I meant the game itself was not released until 2013. The final game components were shown at Essen Spiel October 2013 and the Kickstarter backers received their items later in the fall. Royal Hajj may have set up this forum well before the public release of the game. The game was in development for quite a while. I was confused so I verified my recollection on the Ares website.

So, the 10-year anniversary of the release will be later this year.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I don't expect that Keith will want to release another medal for that Eric.
    These are just related to the Anchorage itself, like the founder members medals.
    Rob.

I don't expect that Keith will want to release another medal for that Eric.
    These are just related to the Anchorage itself, like the founder members medals.
    Rob.
    Oh no you misunderstand, I wasn't thinking about medals for that, I just wanted to point out that this year coincides with the 10th anniversary of the release of the game!

Now running a 10th anniversary game of SoG this fall would certainly be appropriate!

Cheers

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

What a great idea Eric. We could even dedicate our Copenhagen fight at Doncaster at the end of September to the anniversary. Do you have any shws over your side of the pond at about the same time?

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just read your Cold Wars post Eric, so I guess that answers my question.
    I will leave that one with your good self.

Rob.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations to all who have been awarded medals!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

For the fourth consecutive month William Bush has posted the most and now joins the august body of Gold medal top monthly posters.

Congratulations Lt. Bush.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The April top thread starter is Paul, aka ShadowDragon, who also receives the Gold Medal for this accomplishment.

Congratulations Paul.

Bligh.
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-26-2023 at 00:56.

Ooh! Nice. Appreciated.
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-26-2023 at 00:58.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Lt. William Bush

I respectfully thank the Admiralty for this honor which has been bestowed on its humble servant.

Lt. Bush
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-26-2023 at 01:01.
    Helmuth von Moltke d. Ä.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations to both of you and thank you for keeping the forum alive.