Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Hybrid View

Well done, Anthony. I'll be choosy, make mine a cognac from the Painturaud establishment.

https://www.cognacpainturaud.fr/

I have personal connection with Maison Painturaud. When we lived in Europe and was travelling through Cognac, we stopped at the tourism centre. We had visited big distilleries before and didn't want to do a Grand Marque distillery tour, so we asked for something on one of the smaller producers. We were told that one couldn't just drop in, one needed an appointment but the tourism centre would arrange that - so which one did we want to visit. I just pointed my finger at a random one near the middle of the bunch which happened to be Maison Painturaud. When we got there we were met by the owner's pregnant daughter who gave us a private tour which included sampling 50 year old cognac from a cask which was one the owner's first. It was excellent cognac - some of the best I've tasted - of course, we bought some but, oh my, far too little as it's long gone now. Too bad it's too difficult, here in Canada, to order direct from the Maison. But for those who can easily do so....there's the link above. I have no financial interest in the Maison - I just like recommending excellence when I find it.

I see on their website they are now selling cognac from that barrel - "Cognac “Générations” comes from a barrel our grandfather kept for more than 60 years in our cellar, and toped up intentionally with the family’s best eaux-de-vie." My, my, "grandfather"??? Has it really been so long since we visited Cognac. I guess so.

So, Anthony, make mine a Maison Painturaud Cognac "Générations", pleeeease.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 04-20-2021 at 11:48.