Thread: Medals and promotions Board.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Another award for 500 photos is presented to Jim, Nightmoss.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations to you too!

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

We will need to restock the ward room methinks

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That very much depends on what the Comptroller has in his stash my dear Captain.

Bligh.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Another award for 500 photos is presented to Jim, Nightmoss.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.
    Thank you very much! Congrats to all the other various medal recipients too! It's a tidal wave of medals.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looking through to catch all the updates needed is more like a tsunami Jim.

Rob.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

That very much depends on what the Comptroller has in his stash my dear Captain.

Bligh.
    You mean, what the Comptroller has pilfered from the Admiralty's stash... *lifts canvas cover off a boat in the middle of the wardroom to reveal The Good Stuff*

Oh well, it was gonna be too much trouble to get that out to the dock and crane aboard anyway. Might as well have it go to a good cause...
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I always knew that your appointment as Comptroller of the Navy Board was going to be beneficial to all of us Sir.

Bligh.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

The French brig I took in the Mediterranean had no cargo, but I have a huge personal stash of congac I bought recently...

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

That should keep Jon Vagabond happy for an evening then Jonas.

Bligh.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Did someone mention Cognac

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Incidentally Anthony book reviews gain medals. It, therefore, gives me great pleasure in awarding you the Book Review Medal.

Bligh.

Thanks very much. I believe tradition dictates me to offer drinks all around!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Did someone mention Cognac
    I think someone may be about to offer you one John.

Bligh.

I'll do my best to find a '98 for John.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good man.
    Mine's a G&t if you don't mind.
    Bligh.

Well done, Anthony.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Continentaleye View Post
    I'll do my best to find a '98 for John.
    Well done Anthony, you're away quickly with the medals. Congratulations

Don't worry if you can't find any of the 98 I'm partial to a nice Calvados, or a Malt Whisky from the Islands preferably or indeed as a last resort Rubbing Alcohol goes down a treat on a cold winters morning.

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Good work!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My congratulations to Vol on being promoted to the rank of First Lieutenant today. The Wardroom bar is open gentlemen.

Bligh.

Congratulations Vol. Well done and well deserved.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Congrats Vol ! Is the bar open?

Thank you sir!

Step right up to the bar boys!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

You will need to keep th bar open today as well Vol because with your achievement of yesterday you now also have 1000 posts and 2 years of service medal to add to your collection of honours . I can advance a small amount of your prize money to cover the tab if needed.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Congratulations on both medals, Vol. Cheers!
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

You will need to keep th bar open today as well Vol because with your achievement of yesterday you now also have 1000 posts and 2 years of service medal to add to your collection of honours . I can advance a small amount of your prize money to cover the tab if needed.

Congratulations sir.

Bligh.
    I sank you for sish honor, yer honor and apershiate the pursh advanch. But at sish point, wha I reary need is hep up to sha bar pleash......

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations on both medals, Vol!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The top monthly poster medal Silver goes to Bill (Wentworth) this month.
    Congratulations Bill.

Bligh.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And our top monthly thread starter Medal Bronze is awarded to Vol.
    Well done sir.

Bligh.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Congrats to all the March Medalists. *hauls in case of scotch*
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Congratulations to Bill on his well earned medal! And thank you for mine. I would toast, but I still have a hangover from the last two!

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Congratulations to Bill on his well earned medal! And thank you for mine. I would toast, but I still have a hangover from the last two!
    Right back at you Vol -- congrats!

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

Congratulations gentlemen!

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Today Rhys (Panzer_Leader) is presented with the Book review Medal for his review of the 50 gun ship.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Congratulations Rhys, well done!
    It was a good review. I used this book to build my first scratch built ship HMS Leopard.
    Cheers

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

Well done Rhys. Congratulations.
    Anthony

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Vol, sorry I missed you getting your step to 1st Lieutenant congratulations, I'll drink a toast to you and all your medals later this evening.

The bar bill will be in the post.

Congratulations to the other medal winners, your gallantry will be noted in despatches.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A medal presentation goes to Anthony, Continental eye today for achieving his 50th Rep point.
    Congratulations sir.

Bligh.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Congratulations, Anthony!

Thank you gentlemen. Drinks all around.
    Anthony
    "It seems to be law inflexible and inexorable that he who will not risk cannot win."
    John Paul Jones

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Anthony.
    Make mine the usual. A G&t if you please.

Bligh.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Spot on Anthony, well done that man, a Port for me if you please

Well done, Anthony. I'll be choosy, make mine a cognac from the Painturaud establishment.

https://www.cognacpainturaud.fr/

I have personal connection with Maison Painturaud. When we lived in Europe and was travelling through Cognac, we stopped at the tourism centre. We had visited big distilleries before and didn't want to do a Grand Marque distillery tour, so we asked for something on one of the smaller producers. We were told that one couldn't just drop in, one needed an appointment but the tourism centre would arrange that - so which one did we want to visit. I just pointed my finger at a random one near the middle of the bunch which happened to be Maison Painturaud. When we got there we were met by the owner's pregnant daughter who gave us a private tour which included sampling 50 year old cognac from a cask which was one the owner's first. It was excellent cognac - some of the best I've tasted - of course, we bought some but, oh my, far too little as it's long gone now. Too bad it's too difficult, here in Canada, to order direct from the Maison. But for those who can easily do so....there's the link above. I have no financial interest in the Maison - I just like recommending excellence when I find it.

I see on their website they are now selling cognac from that barrel - "Cognac “Générations” comes from a barrel our grandfather kept for more than 60 years in our cellar, and toped up intentionally with the family’s best eaux-de-vie." My, my, "grandfather"??? Has it really been so long since we visited Cognac. I guess so.

So, Anthony, make mine a Maison Painturaud Cognac "Générations", pleeeease.
    Last edited by ShadowDragon; 04-20-2021 at 11:48.

Paul a "Generations" it shall be, but I must put to sea and capture a few more prizes if I'm to buy a barrel of the stuff. And a nice Port for Chris and the usual G&T for Rob.

I looked at the Painturaud website, very well done. My wife and I were planning a trip to the region prior to the pandemic but had to cancel. When we finally do make the trip, I will schedule a visit to the establishment.
    Anthony
    "It seems to be law inflexible and inexorable that he who will not risk cannot win."
    John Paul Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Continentaleye View Post
    Paul a "Generations" it shall be, but I must put to sea and capture a few more prizes if I'm to buy a barrel of the stuff. And a nice Port for Chris and the usual G&T for Rob.

I looked at the Painturaud website, very well done. My wife and I were planning a trip to the region prior to the pandemic but had to cancel. When we finally do make the trip, I will schedule a visit to the establishment.
    Anthony
    If you do end up visiting the Maison drop a line to say how it went. It was just one of those 'unexpected' things on a return driving trip Spain that becomes a cherished memory. No doubt the experience can never be repeated but I'd be willing to give it a try; and given that our provincial liquor monopoly charges 3-4 X the price for importing I could probably travel to Cognac, buy a case and still have cash left over.

Congratulations Anthony! Well done! I'll ha a Balvenie single malt thank you.

Thanks Vol. A Balvenie to you
    John Paul Jones

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Congratulations!

And when it comes to cognac I prefer Daniel Bouju. The Brut de Fut is excellent!