Thread: Weight of Shot

Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Ares shot themselves in the foot with such a cramped stat range, which means that if there is to be any meaningful differentiation between the larger ships then smaller ships get lumped into a very unsatisfactory saminess. What works really well, if you are looking at "small ship" actions (frigates and smaller) is to restat the ships so that a high-end frigate has similar gunnery and burden stats to a top of the range SOL and work down from that. I've tried it informally a few times, and it makes for much more satisfying frigate actions, and lets you generate some real differences between various types of 28, 32 and 36 gunners. One day, when I get some time, I may just work up some ships mats fr this approach, unless someone picks up the ball and runs with it (I'm not exactly flush with free time just now)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sounds good to me Dave.
    Maybe once we have Christmas out of the way we could take a look at it.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.