Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Garry.

Great to hear from you again after all this time.For Lissa you can't go better than Chris "Captain Duff" who did Lissa at Doncaster a couple of years ago in 2017.
    For my synopsis of the actual battle you can go here.

https://sailsofglory.org/showthread....ight=doncaster

I will have a look to see if I have any photos.

Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry Gary.
    Had a scout around and it looks as if I took no pictures of Lissa.It will be all down to Chris.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Landsman
    England

Log Entries
    Name
    Garry

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Sorry Gary.
    Had a scout around and it looks as if I took no pictures of Lissa.It will be all down to Chris.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob,

I have been hosting the odd game of SoG at my local club, but have decided to expand to do this action. Not sure how I am going to re-balance the forces. Do you think I will get away with playing with 10 frigates with only 1 counter set - the Ares website suggests that 1 set will do 10 to 12 ships? Do you guys play the advanced rules with 10 ships on the table?

Garry

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Garry.

When playing the larger engagements we usually tailor the rules for quicker action. Pick and mix from the rules. You don't have to play every rule. use the ones that suit you best. I for instance allow ships with over half the crew left to play crew actions automatically without having to manipulate loads of chits. We also use the simplified ship
    mats you can find in the Files here. Sealed in plastic thet can be marked with a board marker pen to indicate damage etc. This takes up less room on the tables and allows you to return all damage chits to the bags after recording your damage so you never run out and have an even chance for each players draw throughout the battle.

Rob.