Thread: Decembers Scenario: Spider Island

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Default Decembers Scenario: Spider Island

Come into my lair said the Spider to.......

Working on some very shady information gleaned from a drunken merchantman rescued in a lone boat and claiming to be the sole survivor of a captured merchant man you have worked out where the lair of the brigands/pirates/privateers is.
    Spider Island!

Mission: To search each inlet and destroy/capture any ships present.

Name:  spider island.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  spider isdland 2.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  148.3 KB

Rules:

1. Each inlet must be large enough to accommodate all ships necessary.
    2. You do not need to replicate the island nor do you need to sail around it to each inlet, that is taken for granted.
    3. Each inlet will therefore be of different sizes and uses whatever terrain you have at hand.
    4. You may search as many inlets as you wish, however once you enter you must complete your mission. To leave an inlet with enemy ships in is to fail.
    5. For each ship you wish to capture you must lose 1 crew as a prize crew.
    6. As long as you capture/sink a minimum of 1 ship then you may end the game. If you don’t you must continue until you do.

Special Rules:

Dangerous Reef: As per the rule book no changes.

Hidden Battery: As per the rule book no changes. Optional rule, you may include heated shot!

Enemy in Sight!: You must sink or capture all enemy or fail. Place the enemy ships at anchor. If you have already engaged the enemy in another inlet or been engaged by a shore battery then the enemy will be raising anchor and sailing out to meet you.

No Enemy in Sight!: Ah well suck is luck, try again at the next inlet.

The Jackpot!: Well here you are can you win the day. Place the enemy ships at anchor. If you have already engaged the enemy in another inlet or been engaged by a shore battery then the enemy will be raising anchor and sailing out to meet you.
    If the enemy are ready, add a level 5 shore battery at the entrance for good emasure!

Reshuffle Cards: Immediately reshuffle the deck and draw again.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Apologies for posting this scenario way ahead of December but if I don't I don't know when I'll be back on to do it.

Hope you have fun playing both Novembers (should sort the boys out from the men) and Decembers (plenty of booty to be had).

Neil

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Neil.
    As soon as I get October in we have a free run up to Christmas now.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One question Neil.
    Which direction do you want the wind to come from.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.