Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Default November scenario: Gun for Gun, Shot for Shot:

Gun for gun, shot for shot:

The decisive encounter for this year has arrived. The enemy fleet are out. No time for finesse this will be a slug fest between two mighty nations battling it out for supremacy on the high seas.

Wishing to reverse the disasters previous the enemy have gathered together some of their finest ships.
    Enemy fleet:

1 more first rate (Flagship) than you can muster. Draw a random skill for the captain.
    1 more 74 than you can muster. Draw a random skill for 50% of captains rounding up.
    1 more frigate than you can muster. Draw a random skill for 1 captain.

Enemy Fleet Notes:
    1. The Flagship will be in the centre of the line, any other first rates will be either side.
    2. Learning from your tactics the enemy have learned to double shot their guns.
    3. The enemy will engage with ball until close enough to engage with chain.
    4. The enemy will attempt to close, dismast and once dismasted, board your ships at every opportunity.
    5. Enemy ships when down to the last 2 hull or last 2 crew boxes will attempt to leave the playing area.
    6. All ships will sail at the speed of the slowest ship if in line.
    7. Frigates may be placed at the end of the line or act independently.
    8. The enemy have the wind gauge. When placing fleets ensure the enemy enter closer to the wind than you.

Your fleet:
    Whatever ships you deem fit to take but the Admiralty would expect all ships to be ready for sea.

Mission:
    Sink or capture as many of the enemy as you can.

The game ends when all ships of one side have been sunbk, captured or left the playing area.

Name:  Nov scenario.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  33.2 KB
    Last edited by Union Jack; 11-07-2017 at 02:36.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Excuse me for asking Neil but should not the November mission be a Nation v Nation Squadron one? I may be wrong but thought that The October one which I did not post as I yet have to free up the table to photograph the set up was a solo. If you like I can move my solo back to December and you can call this one October as no one has caught up with it as yet.
    That will leave this month for the Squadron action.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

My apologies Rob, yes I flipped back too many months and took the lead from August not September. I'll re do November soonest.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No probs Neil.
    I will try to get October up this week.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Novembers scenario now the correct one.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Having completed the October AAR, I managed to play your November one over the weekend Neil.
    Whilst you were playing at being a lovey and treading the boards I was struggling with Fleet maneuvers over the two days.
    Fortuitously Captain Kiwi popped in on Sunday so I was able to initiate him into the mysteries of Solo play.
    His parting remark was well you won't get it finished today.
    Well I can now reveal that I completed the marathon just before seven in the evening after a total of nine and a half hours total time.
    This morning I packed away and repaired two broken masts.
    I will do my write up once my back recovers.
    Now where did I leave that gin bottle?
    Rob.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Looking forward to reading this one Rob.

Might get the ships out after New Year and sail a few of these missions to catch up.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Go look at my AAR. I have added a bit more fluff.
    Rob.