12-10-17 Update:
—————————————-
1) Worked on sail visuals (making progress)
2) Finished deck D data entry for normal and taken aback movement.
3) Fixed a data entry issue with blockade scenario (ship name was missing year thus defaulting it to British nation)

Big on horizon: (beyond tactical play)
————————————
1) I started a historical ship database. This database tracks a ship from it being laid out, to completion, commission, recommisions, paid off, and finally the fate. It also tracks when it is captured and recaptured between nations. I am using Wikipedia currently for the input data. I have over 120 ship names entered so far. I am going to turn this into a database application so others can share with the data entry if they are so inclined.

Why am I doing this? This database will drive the ships and fleets displayed in the world map. Thus, you can pick a date and all the ships will be placed in their rightful place (port, blockade, wrecked, paid off). This will be a novel approach to connecting the tactical play of SoG with real historical situations (in lieu of a bunch of campaign rules). Obviously the one sidedness of history will also be preserved so not all will be balanced play. But this more for historical preservation and study.

Once a good database is established then I will expand into more campaign options.

2) I started building a designer tool for accurate coastline and ports. This tool uses background images to aid in the shaping of the coastline and port shapes. This will then tie into the database of ships to eventually replay out history of what all happened around the age of sail.

I am focusing on the Portsmouth and French coastline as a starting point. Progress pictures to follow this week.

Let me know if you are interested in ship data entries.