Thread: SoG Game Tracker App (windows)

Hybrid View

Able Seaman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alan

Its all looking extremely good so far but I have a few questions/suggestions I hope you take as intended.

Is the main screen going to be fixed to the dimensions as it is now?
    Some of the ship names are longer than the text box but its no deal breaker.

With the British/French Side boxes: Is it possible to distinguish Nationalities by text colour, so if you have a mix of French and Spanish for example you can tell names apart without clicking on the ship.

Is there a way to clear the default ship in Davy Jones' Locker?

Any plans for a save feature in case you have to stop a game part way through so you can reset at anytime?

Any way to show wind direction on the map?
    And is there a way to currently move the ship on the map to starting positions (I'm thinking for scenario design) or is that still to come.

Some or all of these you may already have on a to do list.

I've got myself a dll editor I want to try to see if I can help you to at least update the ship lists if you don't mind me helping out.
    As long as I can actually work out what I'm doing

Anyway, I always look forward to any new version you release.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by twsl View Post
    Its all looking extremely good so far but I have a few questions/suggestions I hope you take as intended.

Is the main screen going to be fixed to the dimensions as it is now?

With the British/French Side boxes: Is it possible to distinguish Nationalities by text colour, so if you have a mix of French and Spanish for example you can tell names apart without clicking on the ship.

Is there a way to clear the default ship in Davy Jones' Locker?

Any plans for a save feature in case you have to stop a game part way through so you can reset at anytime?

Any way to show wind direction on the map?
    And is there a way to currently move the ship on the map to starting positions (I'm thinking for scenario design) or is that still to come.

I've got myself a dll editor I want to try to see if I can help you to at least update the ship lists if you don't mind me helping out.

Good questions, I will address these when I get back home this evening. I can send you the dll source code if that helps.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by twsl View Post

Is the main screen going to be fixed to the dimensions as it is now? Not fixed, once I loaded the roster I found out some of the French ship names were longer. I will resize and also enable the horizontal scroll.

Yes, I added your improvements.

Is there a way to clear the default ship in Davy Jones' Locker? I need to give this some attention. It is definitely not finished

Any plans for a save feature in case you have to stop a game part way through so you can reset at anytime? Yes I do have plans but it's hard to nail this one down as I don't have a everything created yet. I could take a crack at just export/import ship damage status as a start and work up from there. It's better than not having any. One tricky thing is that I track which chit is tied to what slot so I have to export every chit in the game and what shipmat it is laying on.

Any way to show wind direction on the map? The flag on the main mast does indicate wind direction (currently wind always pointed down). I can show a weather gauge on the corner.
    And is there a way to currently move the ship on the map to starting positions (I'm thinking for scenario design) or is that still to come. I was close to adding in placement and heading setup this weekend but I had company. It is going in in the next few days. I also want to make a custom txt file for large ship rosters where you type in the name of the ship (not the official name) and then the cross referenced SoG model so it will create extras on the fly.

if you have access to visual studios I can send you the dll solution so you can add any ship you like and compile.

Thanks for the feedback on features and improvements.
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-28-2017 at 03:30.