Size:  36.6 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to see you have not been idle during our shipwreck!
    More than can be said for some of your shipmates seen frequenting the local hostelries all week.
    Seriously that looks great Aaron. Good enough to grace many a gamer's table I have no doubt.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Good to see you have not been idle during our shipwreck!
    More than can be said for some of your shipmates seen frequenting the local hostelries all week.
    Seriously that looks great Aaron. Good enough to grace many a gamer's table I have no doubt.
    Rob.
    Thank you for the kind words! Yes the shipwreck was unfortunate but we got her afloat again.
    I will be leaning on your vast historic knowledge as I desire to expand my game to include other aspects such as:

1) spring anchors: I wonder what an acceptable turning rate would be for sails of glory?

2) Forts using heated shots, what would be the increases chances for fire (chit wise)?

3) what would be an accurate loss of firepower during action in high waves that require closing lower cannon ports? Which ships were susceptible to this?

4) Game effect for roping SOL together like at the Nile?

Also, as I wrap up doing the basic tactical play I am looking ahead to a campaign mode where you would sail on an open map with the fun involved of catching shipping, blockading, coastal raids, etc. Basically an encounter map which triggers the tactical gameplay. It would keep track of pounds of beef, shot, caches of water on board, prizes captured and sold off. This would then spinoff in the direction of play by forum if possible. Just dreaming here which is the first step.

For this I would need to gather a bit of data such as:

Which map areas to model first, major ports and coves, hidden shoals, fort locations. Also ranges of visibility of spotting sails during day and night and range of clear to gales and foggy. Typical average speeds for open world travel. What prominent ships were in the area of the time. I'm just throwing this out there so you can maybe ponder on some ideas.