I've been looking at the game and the starter, and decided to pick up the game and give it a shot. I've also recently gotten into WoG (both WW1 and 2), and love the system.

My initial purchase will be from an online store, our local FLGS quit stocking these some time ago. My question, is what to add to the starter to expand it out a notch? I'll be the only one purchasing. I just need another $40 (tops 60) to avoid shipping charges.

I believe both French and British are included, so is it better to add to those (maybe the Victory pack and a comparable Frenchie), or branch out to the US, with the most impressive USS Constitution? Or some combo of such?

Also, as I know next to nothing about sailing ships nor this games options, is there a list hereabouts that covers all the ships available, and maybe a rough grouping? WoG did that, grouped planes into 4-5 sections where planes in one section were roughly equivalent. I know neither game has a points option.

Lastly, I read that there was possibly a new starter coming out this summer, and maybe a new wave of ships? Is the starter a pure reprint, or a reboot with added/cleaned up rules? Different ships? And whats in the new wave?

I think thats it for now, the guy behind me on the plank keeps telling me to jump for some reason...
-Kozi