Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Keith, just so you know there's some controversy about a scale mis-match between Waves 1/2 and Waves 3/4--apparently, the first two and the Specials were a bit oversized, and when Ares brought in a new engineer he decided to "change horses" and tack to exact 1/1000 rather than going with the established precedent.

I just checked the Bahama model against the draught rescaled to 1/1000, and it was almost bang-on. Meregildos is the right overall size, but the stern gallery is too vertical and there are some minor deviations at the bulwark top-line.
As stated elsewhere I'm effectively done with Sails of Glory, but I'd be curious to know the actual scale Waves 1, 2 and the Specials are at? Irregardless of scale I think the earlier models are significantly more attractive then anything in Wave 3 (or 4). Also, inaccuracies with Wave 3 sail representation is clearly being carried forward in Wave 4 so that pretty much killed any interest I had in future Ares ship models.

Perhaps it's time they rethink their attitude toward ship cards and give up on the models entirely? I definitely would purchase Waves 1, 2 and special ship cards (and Waves 3 and 4 if they correct some issues with sails).