Thread: Nautical related Taverns.

Hybrid View

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

A third Pelham Arms at Gravesend in Kent.

Name:  55413_640.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  156.2 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Southwold
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Plymouth.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Queenborough.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Europa Park.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Enterprise in Holborn, London.

Name:  79bc5bcf59f4d2e8d014a166ab591b9d.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  36.9 KBName:  the-enterprise.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  160.2 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Prymont.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Flying Enterprise Lounge and Restaurant in Cork, County Cork, Ireland.

Name:  Motley-Flying-Enterprise-2.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  131.1 KB

The Flying Enterprise was a freighter badly damaged in a storm, which sank in 1952 despite attempts to rescue her.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Flying_Enterprise

Name:  20130327.001stern.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  191.7 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

A blast from the past there Dave.
    I was nearly 5 and the only Radio broadcasts I remember from that time were over Christmas about Captain Carlson and then the death of King George VI on the 6th of February.

Rob.
    Last edited by Bligh; 01-28-2021 at 03:00.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Szczecin Poland.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Dover
    Last edited by Bligh; 01-29-2021 at 07:22.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Middlesbrough

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Bonny Boat in Kingston-upon-Hull, East Yorkshire,

Name:  The_Bonny_Boat.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  113.6 KB

The Bonny Boat is nothing to do with a certain 'Young Pretender' but refers to an Inuit kayak. In 1613 the crew of the ship 'Heartsease' from Hull rescued an Inuit in distress off the coast of Greenland. Sadly, the man died but his kayak and equipment may be seen in Trinity House, Hull. In the pub there is a poem about the rescue and a photograph of the kayak containing an effigy of the Inuit.

https://www.hullbid.co.uk/articles/o...-400-years-ago

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

The Ernest Shackleton Tulse Hill.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Wolviston.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Wokingham.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Whitstable.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Here at the top of the Chesapeake all we have are crab shacks. I imagine you don't want those, ie; Captain So-and-so's Crabs (they do sell beer, so it's kind of a pub).

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Looe.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Trefriw

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

HMS Grey Goose.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_Gun_Boat

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Here is The Wardroom in Easton, Maryland....bistro, restaurant, with a fine wine list:

http://thewardroom.com/

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Different Bill, but interesting that the place has two different roles during the day and night.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Brixham.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Boston.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Chiswick.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Peterboat at Leigh-on-Sea, Essex.

Name:  _117325471_de27.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  feb981eef4e8e1f36994d589610a60a2.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  28.2 KB

A Peterboat or Peter Boat is a type of fishing boat.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Folkstone.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Admiral Sir Charles John Napier KCBGOTERN (6 March 1786 – 6 November 1860) was a British naval officer whose sixty years in the Royal Navy included service in the War of 1812, the Napoleonic Wars, Syrian War and the Crimean War (with the Russians), and a period commanding the Portuguese navy in the Liberal Wars. An innovator concerned with the development of iron ships, and an advocate of humane reform in the Royal Navy, he was also active in politics as a LiberalMember of Parliament and was probably the naval officer most widely known to the public in the early Victorian Era.

The Napier.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Brighton

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thornton Heath.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Rising Tide at Glounthaune, Cork, Eire.

Name:  the-rising-tide-12056.jpeg
Views: 2770
Size:  38.7 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Great to see you back on this thread Dave. I was feeling very lonely. i will try to find one for today before putting the thread to bed at the end of this month unless you have any more magic to effect!
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Mevagissey.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ware

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sheerness

Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, California

Name:  IMG_0472.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  242.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0473.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  209.3 KB
    "It seems to be law inflexible and inexorable that he who will not risk cannot win."
    John Paul Jones

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Nice find Anthony.
    I am fast running out of new venues.

Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Helston.
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-10-2021 at 12:55.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Horndean
    Last edited by Bligh; 05-10-2021 at 13:04.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Carrick.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The Black Rat pub in Thackley, Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Name:  BlackRatpub.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  41.5 KB

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And here is the pub to go with it in North Shields.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Black Dog is a pirate in Treasure Island. Allied with Blind Pew, he leads the raid on the Admiral Benbow Inn, in search of Billy Bones' map.

Weymouth.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Dundee.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

One just to remind us of the Armada.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Derbyfield Holt.